My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Crab and Corn Chowder Recipe


Did you like this recipe? If so please let me know!
For more recipes click HERE!

This recipe is a combination of a few recipes that I put together...and I am so glad I did! This was sooooo good!
Our family LOVES to go crabbing in the summer time so I am always looking for recipes to use crab.
 I used fresh crab for this recipe, but you can always use fake crab...or use clams instead of crab...or take out the corn....you can tweak it to your liking:)
(I doubled this recipe for our family and friends...use an extra large pot if going to do so!)

Ingredients:
1/3 cup diced celery
3 1/2 cups peeled, diced potatoes 1/2"cubes
1/3 cup onion
3/4 cup crab meat (about 12 ounces)
1 cup corn (I used canned, can use frozen, or from cob)
3 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (or 6 cubes, use 9 if doubling)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. sage

5 tbls, butter
5 tbls. flour
2 cups milk

Directions:

If you are using fresh crab meat, crack all the crab ahead of time...get your family to help! It took me alone 2 hours and 40 minutes for 7 crab (3 Dungeness Crab and 4 Rock Crab. i am not a fan of Rock Crab, but the meat is GREAT in this soup!). 



(1) First, in a large pot add potatoes, celery, onion, corn (if frozen), sage, thyme, and water to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cook 10-15 minutes until potatoes are tender.

(2) Add bouillon cubes, crab, salt and pepper (corn if fresh), And stir.

(3) (PICTURE NOT SHOWN) In a separate sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat, whisk in flour until thick. Slowly add milk stirring continuously to avoid lumps for 3-5 minutes until hot.

(4) Add milk mixture to large pot. Bring back to boil, and turn off heat.


Can serve in a bowl and add crackers or serve in a bread bowl.



                                                Become part of my family today!
                                        Join Extremely Easy Couponing on 
Facebook!






No comments:

Post a Comment