My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Baked Jalapeno Poppers recipe


For more appetizer recipes click HERE

For all Recipes click HERE

Yes it is that time again....football season. Football season is a big part of my life. My older 3 play on a junior league for Eastside Catholic (this year I only have one playing due to age and weight regulations), my husband is the head coach for the Pee Wees, I am a die hard Seahawks fan, my cousin is the head coach for Kentlake Falcons, and I have a cousin who plays tight end for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and with Heath Miller injured, he is now starting!
So lets just say now until December I am a bit busy with football....
...so I will be posting some of my favorite football party food now until the Super Bowl!
Go Crusaders, Hawks, Falcons, and Steelers!

Baked Jalapeno Poppers


Ingredients:
12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds and membranes removed
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 ½  cups grated mozzarella cheese
½  tsp. ground cumin
¼ - ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 large eggs
2 tbls. milk
8 teaspoons Johnnys seasoning (or something similar)
1 cup fine dry breadcrumbs (Panko is better)
½  cup all-purpose flour

Directions:
(1) Preheat the oven to 350’. Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray, and set aside. Wash and remove stems from jalapenos, cut them in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Set aside.

(2) In a medium large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, cumin, and cayenne pepper.

(3) In a small bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and 2 tsps. of the Johnnys seasoning.

(4) In a shallow dish, combine the bread or panko crumbs and remaining 4 teaspoons of Johnnys seasoning.

(5) In a small dish, combine the flour and remaining 2 teaspoons of Johnnys seasoning.

(6) Repeat the following for each jalapeno half:
Spread 1 tbls. of the cheese mixture into the middle of the jalapeno half. Dredge into the flour, dip into the egg mixture, then dredge in the panko crumbs, pressing to coat. If it doesn’t look like it is a good coat, repeat the process. Place the coated peppers CUT SIDE UP, on the greased  baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden.

Join my family of savings!
Follow
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!
Did you snag this Deal?
I’d love to hear about your experience!


No comments:

Post a Comment