My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Monday, February 18, 2013

Sweet and Snack Station - Part 1

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!


Also see:
Part 2 - Train Cake
Part 3 - Gift Bags
Part 4 - Decorations
Part 5 - Food and Drinks


HERE IS HOW I MADE THE SWEET AND SNACK STATION FOR THE THOMAS THE TRAIN BIRTHDAY PARTY

I bought 8 boxes clearanced at 90% off of $5.00 for $0.50 from Target during the Christmas clearance, so all 8 boxes cost me $4.00! I made 2 trains out of the 8 boxes. The first train was the 'Snack Station' and the second train was the 'Sweet Station'. I had pretzels and chips in the 'Snack Station' and cake pops in the 'Sweet Station'. 

Snack Station
I cut out wheels of black construction paper and used a permanent marker to draw the wheels and used glue to glue on the wheels. I cut a black line across the wheels and glued that on.

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

I added on a sign using construction paper and a permanent marker

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

I placed the snack train on the main table where the other food was to be placed and filled them with pretzels and chips. I added green and red chocolate chips that I sorted from Christmas chocolate chips cleaeranced at Target for under $0.30 in tins to snack on. I also added blue and red mini candy canes clearanced for $0.20 a box. The table cloth was given to be from a lady I met at Target who happened to have left over Thomas the train decorations! Sometimes being friendly pays off! I put the silverware in red solo cups and put Thomas the Train stickers on them. I used one of my sons Thomas the Train trains to look like it was pulling the train. Underneath the table I put the gift giveaway bags.  (click the link to find out how to make them:)

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

SWEET STATION

I had 2 different sizes of cake pop sticks. My 11 year old son helped me drill holes in the bottom of 4 of the boxes. We made sure the sticks would fit snugly. I bought a cake pop maker clearanced at Target from $40 to $20 and made my own cake pops. I had bought 3 clearanced cake pop decorating kits at 90% off for $0.99 each! It was chocolate cake pops dipped in white chocolate frosting. YUM!

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

I added the Sweet Station sign using construction paper and a permanent marker, and I cut out the Thomas from a Birthday card he got from his friend Courtney in the mail!

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

I placed the cake pops on the mantel so the parents could give one to their kids:)

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!
 Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!
 Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!



Join my family of savings!

Follow Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!

Did you snag this Deal? 
I’d love to hear about your experience!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment