My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Homemade Birthday GIft Bags - Thomas the Train

Thomas the Train Gift Bags

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

also see Toy Story 2 Birthday on a budget
and Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday on a budget

There is one week away until my sons 3rd Birthday! Today I made up the Gift Bags!

I found 16 regular lunch sacks lying around my closet. So I decided to transform them into gift bags!

What you will need:
16 paper lunch bags
32 pieces of 15" ribbon
3 ring hole punch
Gift Tags (bought or made and printed from computer)
gifts for gift bags

Directions:
First take a paper lunch bag and fill it with goodies. I bought most of mine from the dollar store! I bought enough for 8 boys and 8 girls. Then fold the top over. 


Next, use a 3 ring hole punch but only use only 2 of the holes. Carefully line up the bag evenly on the hole punch so the 2 holes are even on the top. Do this with all the bags. 





Next  prepare your gift tags. You can purchase fancy ones at the store or you can make your own. I found this design off the web and added my own text using a free photo editing site pixlr. I printed 2 per page onto photo paper. I had my 9 year old cut them out!


Then I carefully lined up the gift tags and evenly punched out two holes. Repeat with all gift tags.


Then I cut 2 pieces of ribbon (that I got on clearance from Christmas for $0.10) 15 inches long, and strung them together from the back of the bag to the front. Even out the sides.


Next add the gift tag to the front of the bag with the ends of the ribbon still even in the front.


Last, tie both ends of the ribbon into a double knot to secure the tag and create a handle in the back of the bag.

!

And there you have it! A home made Thomas the Train gift bag! Use the handle on the back to carry.


Join my family of savings!
Follow
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!
Did you snag this Deal?
I’d love to hear about your experience!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment