My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Crock-Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage - with beer!

 Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!
For more recipes click HERE!


This is my new favorite recipe for corned beef...maybe because there is beer:) It is soooo good! Let me know what you think:)
*NOTE - I asked my husband to cut up the potatoes into chunks...those are not chunks...they should  be about the size of the carrots...but live and learn...lol.

Ingredients:
4 large carrots cut into 1"inch chunks or about 20 baby carrots
8 red potatoes cut into 4 pieces or 4 regular potatoes cut into large chunks
1 onion cut up into chunks
3 cups water
1 can of beer (or 8-12oz)
1-4pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
*1 head of cabbage, cut into large chunks



Directions:
Place potatoes, carrots, onion and water into crockpot. Add corned beef. Pour beer over corned beef. Sprinkle sauce packet over corned beef.

Cook on high 8 hours.
*add 1/2 cabbage to crockpot on hour 7 and cook for the last hour.
***I like to just cook ALL the cabbage separate in a pot with about 1 inch of water at the bottom of the pan. Bring to boil then simmer four about 10 minutes. Drain and add butter, salt, and pepper. YOUR CHOICE!

Join my family of savings!
Follow 
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment