My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Crockpot Chili Recipe

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!
For more recipes click HERE!

So I could not find the perfect chili recipe online. So I printed several and came up with my own recipe, and I loved it! And my kids loved it, except my 3 year old who does not like much of anything:)
Nothing like embracing the fall weather with a warm cup of chili. Put it in in the morning and smell it all day, and enjoy it as the dark sets in:)

Ingredients:
1-1/2 pounds ground turkey (or beef...I used turkey)
1/2 onion, chopped
2 - (28oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 - (28oz) can tomato sauce
3 - (15oz) cans of kidney beans, drained (or beans of your choice, chili beans, white beans, etc)
1- (15oz) can corn, drained (if do not like corn, and another can of beans)
4 celery stalks, diced
4 tbls. chili powder
1-2 tsp. cayenne pepper (depending if you like a little heat:)
1 tbls. garlic powder
1 tbls/ cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
Directions:
(1) Cook chopped onion with the turkey or beef until well browned in a skillet on medium high on the stove. Drain. 
(2) Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, corn, and celery to the crockpot. Stir.
(3) Add all the dry ingredients. Stir.
(4) Add the cooked turkey or beef to the crockpot. Stir well.
(5) Cook in the crock pot for 8 hours on low.
Can serve with sour cream, cheese and cornbread.
Enjoy!

Join my family of savings!
Follow
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!
I’d love to hear about your experience!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment