My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Home Made Egg Drop Vegetable Soup



I made this today based on what I had in my fridge, and all my kids liked it! It does take some time to make because your cooking your own broth, but I started boiling the chicken after cleaning the breakfast dishes, and I did nothing while it boiled for 2 hours:) Then it takes only about 20 minutes to prepare!




Home Made Egg Drop Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
Left over *chicken w/bones (enough chicken for about 3-4 cups)
½ onion diced
1cup bok choy (or 1 cup celery) diced
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup diced carrots
chicken bouillon (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
3 eggs

Directions:
(1) In a large pot add left over *chicken (bone in) and fill pot ¾ full with water Bring to a boil, simmer 2 hours. (Some water will evaporate, add more water as needed to keep ¾ full).

(2) You need to strain the broth to eliminate bones.  Simply grab another large pot and put a strainer inside. Empty the chicken and the broth into the strainer. Place the strainer with the chicken into the empty pot and let cool 15 minutes.  Place the broth back on the stove at medium heat.

(3) Cut up the vegetables and add to broth. Take chicken off the bone and shred or cut into small pieces and add to broth. Cook 15-30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add bouillon and pepper to taste.

(4) In a separate medium bowl, mix eggs together and add to pot. Remove from heat and stir for 1 minute.

8-10 servings
*I use a whole chicken carcass with enough meat for 3 cups, it has more bones and makes tastier broth.
Never Miss a Deal Again!
Join Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!






No comments:

Post a Comment