My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fajitas Recipe

See more recipes HERE!
Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!


When I have left over chicken, I love to make fajitas!
With this recipe you can make your own seasoning and tweak it to your liking!

INGREDIENTS:
2 colored peppers (red, yellow, or orange...I used red), cut into long strips
2 green peppers, cut into long strips
1 large onion, cut into strips
2 boneless chicken breasts, cooked, cut into strips (or any left over chicken pull into strips:)
1 package mushrooms - optional (my kids like them!)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
burrito size soft tortilla shells
a WOK
*sour cream (optional)
*grated cheese (optional)

SEASONING:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less for less spice or more for more spice)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

DIRECTIONS:

First cut the peppers and onion into long strips. Heat the oil on medium heat in a large WOK. Add the peppers, onion, and mushrooms. Turn heat to medium high and cook 5-7 minutes.

Next, cut cooked chicken into strips and add to WOK. Cook 2 minutes.(I added a bit of teriyaki sauce to my chicken before adding it to the WOK. This is not needed:)

Next, combine the seasoning into a small bowl and mix together. Sprinkle over fajitas in the WOK while turning to evenly coat.

Cook about 2 minutes more then remove from heat. Wrap into tortilla shells with sour cream and cheese. Enjoy!
See more recipes HERE!
Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

Join my family of savings!
Follow 
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment