My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cheerio Bars Recipe

 Check out more recipes HERE!
Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

My Grandma used to make these. I found myself with extra peanut butter and cheerios so I made 2 batches and brought a batch to my boys wrestling practice! They are soooo good!
They cut up nicely so can be individually wrapped or displayed for parties!

INGREDIENTS:

7 cups Cheerios (for a little bit sweeter use multigrain, for extra sweet use honey nut! Or use combinations!)
1-1/4 cup light corn syrup
1-1/4 cup white sugar
1-16oz. jar creamy peanut butter (or 2 cups)
1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:
First measure the 7 cups of Cheerios into a large mixing bowl.

Next over medium heat, melt the corn syrup, sugar, and vanilla in a sauce pan just until dissolved. 
(don't mind the peanut butter chunks, this was my second batch:)

Then add the peanut butter and mix until melted and creamy...not too hot.

Pour into the large bowl of cheerios and mix well. Pour into a GREASED 9x13 casserole dish and press down until even. ***TIP let sit 10 minutes, then cut into squares, then put into fridge to cool for at least 2 hours. This makes it easier to cut!
\
You can also drizzle melted chocolate over the top. You could use white chocolate and add food coloring to make it festive!

Check out more recipes HERE!
Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

Join my family of savings!
Follow 
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment