My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe - (with whiskey:)


Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!


This recipe is SOOO good. I tweaked several recipes to get this recipe:) 
What I love about this recipe is that is is a normal serving for your family, not the HUGE holiday serving recipe. If serving for a group I would quadruple it and use a 10 X 13 dish!

Ingredients:
2 large sweet potatoes
2-1/2 tbls. whiskey
2 tbls. butter
1-1/2 cups water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
mini marshmellows

Directions:
(1) In a saucepan add whiskey, butter, water, brown sugar and cinnamon and bring to a boil, simmer 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
(2) Wash the potatoes and cook in the microwave 6-8 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and peel off  the skin, and cut into slices.
(3) Preheat oven to 350'
(4) Grease a 2 qt. casserole dish and add slices to the dish. Pour the sauce over the potatoes and cook 30 minutes. Add a layer of mini marshmallows over the top of the potatoes and cook about 10 minutes more or until marshmallows puff and start to brown.

Serves 6


Join my family of savings!
Follow
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!
Did you snag this Deal?
I’d love to hear about your experience!



No comments:

Post a Comment