My journey through life on a Budget shared with friends and family. Find deals on the go through my facebook page and pinterest!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Bird Nest Cupcakes and/or Cake Recipe!

Like it? Pin it to Pinterest!

Check out other recipes from my recipes tab!

I am very excited how this turned out!
I wanted to make a bird nest cookie but wanted to take advantage of my 75% off Valentine cupcake mix:) So this is what I came up with, "Bird nest cupcakes and cake"

(1) I started off using 2 boxes of cup cake mix (following mixing and baking directions on box)
I made 24 cupcakes (using clearance valentine cupcake liners:) and 1 round cake pan
(2) When cooled, I took a sharp knife and cut off the tops to make it flat and even with the paper lining

 I also cut off the top of the cake and then.....

...flipped it over to become flat

(3) Next I used an edible color mist to spray paint the middle of the cupcakes green ....


(4) Then I used 2 cups of  fresh coconut and spray painted it green to look like grass for the nest

(5) Next I used a can of store bought frosting and put it in a tube and kneaded it for about 2 minutes until warm and softer, you could make your own frosting too but I have a lot of food to make for Easter:) Then I put frosting around the cake and cupcake edges only.


(6) Then over a plate I took handfuls of coconut and put it over the frosting and gently pushed down with my hand to it would stick


(7) then I turned the cake and cupcakes upside down to get rid of excess coconut 

(8) For the cake I added peeps (I would have choose a different color like yellow, but this is what I had) and chocolate Easter eggs, you could use jelly beans or any king of egg shape candy...I put a little but of frosting on the bottom of the eggs and peeps to help stick in place, I added the remaining peeps around the cake storage container 

(9) For the cupcakes I added 3 different colored chocolate Easter eggs to the nest

And that is it! Simple and cute!

The kids love them! Cant wait to share tomorrow!

Join my family of savings!
Follow
Extremely Easy Couponing on Facebook!
Did you snag this Deal?
I’d love to hear about your experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment